Holistic nutrition offers you a way to:
- Change your approach to eating in the long-term
- Learn how to nourish yourself through a whole-foods diet
- Think beyond food to make sure you are nourishing your mind & spirit as well.
What’s the difference between me and a nutritionist or dietitian?
These titles are actually reserved in Québec for members of the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec so just to be clear…
According to the Quebec Professional Code, only nutritionists, dieticians and dietitians are able to:
- determine a nutritional plan, including the feeding route, where an individual prescription indicates that nutrition is a determining factor in the treatment of illness; and
- monitor the nutritional status of persons whose nutritional treatment plan has been determined.
As a graduate of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and a member of the Canadian Association of Natural Nutritional Practitioners, my focus is not on treating illness but rather on preventive nutrition with a view to helping people achieve and maintain good overall health.
I consider each client on an individual basis and take into account the whole person: Their current diet, lifestyle, and their emotional and spiritual well-being.
I am not a medical doctor and do not diagnose or treat medical conditions or illnesses – even those which may have already been diagnosed by your doctor. However, in looking at the symptoms you are experiencing currently, I can work with you to suggest dietary and lifestyle changes that may help to (re)balance your body and mind and hence contribute to an improved overall health and wellness.